October 31, 2005

Stewardship...

The organisation I work for, a large multinational corporate, organised a departmental get-together today. In combatting the habitual bad attendence, they decided to go for the marketting approach and arranged for a motivational speaker to come and "rejuvinate" us. Although a bit sceptical and overexposed to this kind of thing, I found it to be a very pleasant experience.

Victor Vermeulen, a now quadriplegic who was once on his way to a promising international cricket career shared a bit of his life experiences. "Don't take things for granted", "Have a goal in life", "Dedication, determination and drive". These are the main harmonies in his story. Out of all of it, the message I got was about stewardship: it's about what you have and what you do with it. I'm reminded of the story Jesus tells in Math 25. We don't know why everyone didn't get 10 bags of gold. But the again, that's not what the question will be...

Back to Victor, what a great and practical reminder.

~~~
PS. Pieter (if you ever read this), I thought of you today. Your an inspiration to us, and a living example of what's written here. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home