Love and truth...and love

We had a fantastic session last night together with some kingdom-friends filled with, what shall we call it, rigorous debates or interpersonal differences or maybe authentic community. The tension peaked when one of our friends firmly exclaimed “this is missing the point and is heading for a church crash!” Don’t you just love it when these things happen? The discomfort of rubbing and grinding against each other, the itchiness of misunderstandings and the joy of knowing that it all happens without the usual “Sunday-school-dress-up” pretensions. It expresses our sincerity and it testifies of people who stand firm in saying “some things are too important to just back off!”
I hope and pray that we will find ways bravely embrace love while we explore truth. I'll write more about what we differed on soon.
(There’s a bit of a theme developing in my last two posts. ?)

4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hope in the discussion you didn't insult your friends or their dogs...
Hey Jaques, great blog! Am I blind? How does one email you?
Hi Emily. Thanks for commenting. I've fallen a bit out of habbit here. Want to get back into it soon. Do you have a blog? My email is krugerj1@gmail.com.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home