Inside-Out Changing Direction...

One thing that you'll notice about my blog is that...there's not much to notice. Yeah, I'm not the most frequent blogger, that's true. In a way, I have come to think that my blog is a good reflection of where I am from a vocational point of view - stagnant. There's more to it. I'm a bit confused: about where I am; about where I should be; also about the integration of work and spirituality. The result? A stagnant account of a journey that I do not own.
Don't worry. I'm not about to cut my wrists. I'm doing fairly well. In fact, I just might be on the road to recovery now that I am "acknowledging the problem". As one of my baby steps on recovery-road, I'm changing my blogging approach. I want to acknowledge that God has placed me in this world, and specifically in corporate Johannesburg, with a purpose.
Firstly, I want to write about Christianity from a Jo'burg-job perspective. I want to explore this issue of vocation more. I want to also, in the process, establish a greater coherence between my inner-life and outer-life. See, that way I can keep the title of the blog.
Secondly, I'm changing my profile. My profile picture will now be one of someone who's on a journey. Present...and in pursuit. Enjoying the journey but also looking forward to the destination. And, most importantly, in recognition of the One who blazes the trail. (The other reason is because the specific photo makes me look athletic, which is quite an compliment to my friend Johan who took the picture.)
Finally, I'll be real. Instead of trying to have a winning-blog up each round, I would like the blog to reflect life. It's not a permanent high! It has got lows. It has its plateaus. And also its silences...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home